What are the treatments for infertility?
There are three main types of fertility treatment:
- surgical procedures
- assisted conception – including intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in vitro fertilisation (IVF)
Common fertility medicines include:
- Clomiphene – encourages the monthly release of an egg (ovulation) in women who do not ovulate regularly or cannot ovulate at all.
- Letrozole – an alternative to clomiphene that may be offered if you have ovulation problems
- Metformin – is particularly beneficial for women who have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Gonadotrophins – can help stimulate ovulation in women, and may also improve fertility in men
- Gonadotrophin-releasing hormone and dopamine agonists – other types of medicine prescribed to encourage ovulation in women
There are several types of surgical procedures that may be used to investigate fertility problems and help with fertility. It depend on the cause of problems and extended of disease.
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) - Intrauterine insemination (IUI), also known as artificial insemination, involves inserting sperm into the womb via a thin plastic tube passed through the cervix. Sperm is first collected and washed in a fluid, then the best quality of sperm are selected.
- In vitro fertilisation (IVF) - In vitro fertilisation (IVF), is when an egg is fertilised outside the body. Fertility medicine is taken to encourage the ovaries to produce more eggs than usual. Eggs are removed from the ovaries and fertilised with sperm in a laboratory. A fertilised egg (embryo) is then returned to the womb to grow and develop.
Traditional Chinese Medicine
At MediHope Clinic we also use Chinese Herbal Medication for fertility treatment. Our Chinese Herbal Medicine, Lady Pro and Manly Pro is develop and register by our own team of Professional doctors and have help more than 3000 couples successfully conceive and give birth to healthy babies. We use our Chinese Herbal Medicine concurrently with modern medicine treatment to increase success rate of pregnancy and reduce the risk of miscarriage. Lady Pro and Manly Pro is only available in our MediHope clinics and its branches. Lady Pro helps improve the quality of eggs (follicles), uterus lining and environment, endocrine organs and regulate hormones level. Manly Pro helps improve the quality of the sperms such as motility, morphology, concentration and sperm count, sexual function, hormones levels and endocrine organs function.
To know more about fertility treatment suitable for you, please do not hesitate to make an appointment to meet our doctor. Speak to our doctor for more information about the possible side effects of specific medicines, and treatment choice that is most suitable for you.
06 Mar 2023