What is the causes of poor sperm quality?
Male infertility can be caused by low sperm production, abnormal sperm function or blockages that prevent the delivery of sperm. Illnesses, injuries, chronic health problems, lifestyle choices and other factors may contribute to male infertility. When sperm quality is suboptimum, then pregnancy is unlikely to occur. Sometimes it is a combination of few factors.
Signs and symptoms:
The main sign of male infertility is the inability to conceive a child. There may be no other obvious signs or symptoms, it depends on the cause.
In some cases, however, an underlying problem such as an inherited disorder, hormonal imbalance, dilated veins around the testicle or a condition that blocks the passage of sperm causes signs and symptoms. Signs and symptoms you may notice include:
- Problems with sexual function — for example, difficulty with ejaculation or small volumes of fluid ejaculated, reduced sexual desire, or difficulty maintaining an erection (erectile dysfunction)
- Pain, swelling or a lump in the testicle area
- Inability to smell
- Abnormal breast growth (gynecomastia)
- Decreased facial or body hair or other signs of a chromosomal or hormonal abnormality
- A lower than normal sperm count (fewer than 15 million sperm per milliliter of semen or a total sperm count of less than 39 million per ejaculate)
Fortunately most causes of male infertility can be treated. It is important to find out what is the cause, then we will know how to treat it. Our doctors are experience in treating male fertility. Sometimes additional investigation such as testes ultrasound is needed to confirm the diagnosis.
When to see a doctor:
See a doctor if you have been unable to conceive a child after 6 months of regular, unprotected intercourse or sooner if you have any of the following:
- Erection or ejaculation problems, low sex drive, or other problems with sexual function
- Pain, discomfort, a lump or swelling in the testicle area
- A history of testicle, prostate or sexual problems
- A groin, testicle, penis or scrotum surgery
- A partner over age 35
At Medihope Clinic, we have medicine and doctor who are very experience in treatment male subfertility and we able to help you improve you sperm quality and increase your chance of getting pregnant with your own baby. Good quality spearn will ensure your baby is healthy and strong, bring you from Hope to Reality.
15 Dec 2022