Ultrasound scan is to monitor baby growth throughout the pregnancy journey. It is use from early pregnancy until delivery of baby. Helps confirm the age of baby, location, and number of babies.
- 5 to 10 weeks 6 days: first time pregnancy scan called Dating scan to confirm pregnancy location, number of babies, and gestational age of baby
- 11 weeks – 13 weeks 6 days: NT scan (the area behind baby’s neck) to assess risk of Down syndrome and other genetic abnormalities
- 18 weeks to 22 weeks – Detailed scan to look for any structural abnormality of baby
- 6 weeks to 40 weeks – Growth scan throughout the pregnancy to monitor growth of baby, estimated body weight, amniotic fluid index, doppler to assess blood supplied of baby and early detection of any problem. Some pregnancy requires 2 weekly growth scans especially those that are high risk, mother have GDM or hypertension or have complication in previous pregnancy or have antepartum haemorrhage in current pregnancy.
- 3D 4D 5D 6D is best done during 26 weeks to 32 weeks while the baby is not too big so we can visualise the baby feature and you can share your joy with your love one, and bond with baby as early as possible. It’s diagnostic value is limited to certain condition.
Although ultrasound is the only safe imaging method to check for baby status, and very good at ruling out potential problem, it may also miss some small birth defect even in the best of hand.
For more information, please contact our doctor and we will help you the best we can.
Inquiry - Pregnancy Ultrasound